GLCC Research Organisation Limited is an Academic Research Organisation (ARO) formed by personnel working at the world-renowned Green Lane Hospital (Greenlane Clinical Centre) in Auckland, New Zealand.
Established in the late 1980’s, GLCC has undergone major growth over the past 20 years to accommodate the growing demands of our clients to perform clinical trials in an efficient and cost-effective manner ensuring ICH/GCP guidelines are adhered to, and national and international regulatory requirements are met. GLCC is able to offer a wide range of services in order to not only meet, but exceed our client’s visions and expectations.
International cardiology trials such as GISSI-2, the ISIS trials and the GUSTO trials established GLCC as a major contributor to global clinical research. In 1996 GLCC was contracted to undertake the global project management of the HERO-2 trial, a 17,000 patient, multi-national clinical trial. The HERO-2 trial was successfully completed in 2001.
GLCC is part of the VIGOUR organisation (Virtual Coordinating Center for Global Collaborative Cardiovascular Research) formed in 1995 to perform global clinical trials. Consisting of nine regional coordinating centres located in Argentina (Rosario and Buenos Aires), Australia (Sydney and Adelaide), Belgium (Leuven), Sweden (Uppsala), Canada (Edmonton) and USA (North Carolina), the basis for VIGOUR is a true partnership that shares knowledge, resources and academic collaboration.
Over the years, GLCC has developed key relationships with a large number of investigative sites, not only in New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region. GLCC works closely with a core group of investigators in New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, India and the Philippines. Furthermore, our well established relationships with regulatory agencies such as the New Zealand Ministry of Health — Medsafe Division and the Ethics Committees, ensures our regulatory submissions are completed, reviewed, processed and obtained in a timely and professional manner.
It is the benefits of these relationships, combined with our local knowledge and experience that we are able to draw upon to help meet our client’s expectations. These include:
- Clinical expertise, scientific partnerships and academic collaboration
- In depth knowledge of local and international regulatory requirements
- Well established relationships with investigators both nationally and internationally
- Established and effective communication and logistical pathways
- Ability to select appropriate sites / investigators
- Setting realistic and achievable recruitment targets
- Quick turn-around for completion of regulatory documents
- Timely site activation and start-up
- Implementation of recruitment and retention strategies
- Ensure contractual framework reflects intent
- Ensuring integrity of research data and study conduct
- Provide feedback communication flow and flexibility within the program
- Cost efficiency
- Dedication and commitment
GLCC’s unique structure provides a diverse and expanding network of national and international resources including scientific collaboration, practical clinical expertise and academic partnerships.
At GLCC, we believe this combination of resources and partnerships is yet another vital ingredient in providing our clients with an efficient, professional and cost-effective clinical trial solution.